Mission for Operations Analyst
To actively support the development and execution of ALARM Press’s strategic plan, and ensure all employees are positioned to drive results.
About Alarm Press:
Alarm Press publishes books and magazines on music and design. We uncover groundbreaking artists and designers, and have engaged in inspiring dialogue with our readers.
Our team at Alarm Press is a determined group whom has helped to create and maintain a culture that promotes ambition, desire, and growth. We are looking for someone who carries that X-factor that will drive both individual and team success. This position is an opportunity with great exposure to the world of design and finance, utilizing creativity and analytical abilities to meet strategic desired outcomes and initiatives.
Consistently demonstrate Alarm Press’s core values.
Hit each quarterly “rock” goal.
Meet or exceed human resource functional expectations:
- Take accountability for in-house recruiting and training efforts.
- Assist in the orchestration of HR processes and initiatives, including compensation and benefits planning.
- Assist in the administration of Alarm Press’s quarterly performance review process.
Communicate with and assist CEO daily.
Assist Finance Director in hitting finance department “rocks”:
- Perform basic accounting functions (invoicing, reconciliations, etc).
- Execute Monthly Close and Year-end Close accounting duties.
Research and present operational strengths and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
- Ability to work 40+ hours/week
- Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation that also includes full health/dental benefits, before-tax commuter program, and more than three weeks of vacation time. The work environment is comfortable but energetic, and the magazine offices are located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, close to all CTA and Metra lines. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Operations Analyst.”
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer